TRAUMA NURSE CORE COURSE (TNCC)
to look up available dates and/or register for a TNCC Class.Click Here
to cancel your registration for a TNCC Class.Course Description:
This course focuses on core knowledge and psychomotor skills associated with the provision of trauma nursing care and implementation of the trauma nursing process. It was developed by emergency and trauma nursing experts and is made available in collaboration with the Emergency Nurses Association (ENA). The program includes didactic presentations and skill stations.Objectives:
At the completion of this program, the participant will be able to review, practice and demonstrate:
1. Identify the common mechanisms of injury associated with trauma.
2. Describe the pathophysiologic changes as a basis for signs and symptoms.
3. Describe the nursing assessment of patients with trauma.
4. Identify appropriate nursing diagnoses and expected outcomes for the trauma patient based on
5. Describe the appropriate interventions for patients with trauma.
6. Describe the mechanisms for evaluating the effectiveness of nursing interventions for patients with
trauma. Target Audience:
RNs, LPNs with ED experienceContact Hours:
Contact hours will be awarded through the ENA’s national office. Verification:
A verification card will be issued by the course director upon successful completion of the written exam and 3 skill evaluation stations. Verification is valid for 4 years.Registration Fee:
The registration fee is $125 for all participants. Make checks payable to Hardin Memorial Hospital
Attn: Education Services
Hardin Memorial Hospital
913 N. Dixie Avenue
Elizabethtown, KY 42701 Course Director:
Tara Davenport, RN
Emergency Department Health Educatortdavenport@hmh.net