WILLIAM R. HANDLEY HEALTH SCIENCES LIBRARY
The William R. Handley Health Sciences Library is part of the Education and Development Department at Hardin Memorial Hospital. The Library is a full member of the National Network of Libraries of Medicine, the Kentucky Medical Library Association, and the Kentucky Virtual Library. These networking and resource-sharing relationships help the Library serve its clients quickly and efficiently.
The William R. Handley Health Sciences Library is located on the second floor across from Auditorium 2-G. The library is open to medical staff, all HMH employees and volunteers, area healthcare professionals, students, other hospitals and libraries, patients, families, and the community.
After-hours access is available for Medical Staff (keypad code) and HMH employees (via HMH Security).
Resources and Services:
- Online Library Catalog
(Username = HMH Library, a password is not required)
, Medline Plus
, Kentucky Virtual Library
- UpToDate Clinical Reference Library
- MD Consult
- Medical, nursing, allied health journals
- Reference textbook collection
- EBSCO eBooks, StatRef!, R2 Digital Library
- Gale Online Encyclopedia
- Drug reference, ethics and quality collections
- Professional literature searches
- Photocopier/scanner/fax for work-related use
- Computer with internet access for work-related use
- Discount book purchases for HMH staff
- Loans of articles and books from other libraries
- Quick “turnaround” time for services
The William R. Handley Health Sciences Library is located on the second floor across from Computer Classroom 2G.
Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday
8:00AM – 4:30 PM
For more information please contact Cecilia Railey, MSLS, Health Sciences Librarian at (270) 706-1688, firstname.lastname@example.org