WILLIAM R. HANDLEY HEALTH SCIENCES LIBRARY
The William R. Handley Health Sciences Library is part of the Education and Development Department at Hardin Memorial Hospital. The Library is a full member of the National Network of Libraries of Medicine
, the Kentucky Medical Library Association
, and the Kentucky Virtual Library
. These networking and resource-sharing relationships help the Library serve its clients quickly and efficiently.
The library is open to Hardin Memorial Health medical staff, all HMH employees and volunteers, area healthcare professionals, students, other hospitals and libraries, patients, families, and the community.
After-hours access is available for Medical Staff (keypad code) and HMH employees (via HMH Security) only.
Resources and Services:
- NEW!!! Patient Resource Center (.
..2 computers dedicated to Hardin Memorial Health's patients and
their families. The PC's are available for consumer health information, web-surfing, email, etc.). We also
have books and audiovisual materials to help with understanding common diseases/disorders.
- Online Library Catalog
(Username = HMH Library, a password is not required)
- PubMed, Medline Plus, Kentucky Virtual Library
Clinical Reference Library
(replacement for MD Consult)
- Patient Education Reference Center
- EBSCO eBooks, StatRef!, R2 Digital Library
- Gale Online Encyclopedia
(Password = library)
- Medical, nursing, allied health journals
- Reference textbook collection
- Drug reference, ethics and quality collections
- Professional literature searches
- Photocopier/scanner/fax for work-related use
- Computer with internet access for work-related use
- Discount book purchases for HMH staff
- Loans of articles and books from other libraries
- Quick “turnaround” time for services
- Free WiFi is available via Hardin Memorial Health's guest network
- Remote access is now
available to Hardin Memorial Health employees (contact library to set up your
The William R. Handley Health Sciences Library is located on the second floor of the North Tower Building across from Computer Classroom 2G. Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday
8:00AM – 4:30 PM
For more information about the William R. Handley Health Sciences Library, please contact:
Tammy Waugh at (270) 706-1688, email@example.com