WILLIAM R. HANDLEY HEALTH SCIENCES LIBRARY
The William R. Handley Health Sciences Library is part of the Education and Development Department at Hardin Memorial Hospital. The Library is a full member of the National Network of Libraries of Medicine, the Kentucky Medical Library Association, and the Kentucky Virtual Library. These networking and resource-sharing relationships help the Library serve its clients quickly and efficiently.
The library is open to Hardin Memorial Health medical staff, all HMH employees and volunteers, area healthcare professionals, students, other hospitals and libraries, patients, families, and the community.
After-hours access is available for Medical Staff (keypad code) and HMH employees (via HMH Security) only.
Resources and Services:
- Online Library Catalog
(Username = HMH Library, a password is not required)
, Medline Plus
, Kentucky Virtual Library
- UpToDate Clinical Reference Library
- ClinicalKey (replacement for MD Consult)
- Patient Education Reference Center (PERC)
- Medical, nursing, allied health journals
- Reference textbook collection
- EBSCO eBooks, StatRef!, R2 Digital Library
- Gale Online Encyclopedia
- Drug reference, ethics and quality collections
- Professional literature searches
- Photocopier/scanner/fax for work-related use
- Computer with internet access for work-related use
- Discount book purchases for HMH staff
- Loans of articles and books from other libraries
- Quick “turnaround” time for services
- Remote access
available to Hardin Memorial Health employees (contact librarian to set up your
Patient Resource Center (...will feature 3 computers dedicated to Hardin Memorial
Health's patients and their families. The PC's will be available for consumer health information, web-
surfing, email, etc.). An official announcement will be made when the Center is open!
The William R. Handley Health Sciences Library is located on the second floor across from Computer Classroom 2G. Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday
8:00AM – 4:30 PM
For more information about the William R. Handley Health Sciences Library, please contact:
Cecilia Railey, MSLS, Health Sciences Librarian at (270) 706-1688, email@example.com