WOMEN'S IMAGING CENTER
The Women’s Imaging Center at Hardin Memorial Hospital is a place that really does understand women’s needs. Each year thousands of women come to the Women’s Imaging Center at Hardin Memorial Hospital. Designed exclusively by women for women, it is dedicated to meeting the health care needs of today’s woman.
Hardin Memorial Hospital’s Women’s Imaging, has been designated a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology (ACR). By awarding facilities the status of a Breast Imaging Center of Excelle
nce, the ACR recognizes breast imaging centers that have earned accreditation in mammography, stereotactic breast biopsy, and breast ultrasound (including ultrasound-guided breast biopsy).
Peer-review evaluations, conducted in each breast imaging modality by board-certified physicians and medical physicists who are experts in the field, have determined that this facility has achieved high practice standards in image quality, personnel qualifications, facility equipment, quality control procedures, and quality assurance programs.
The ACR is a national professional organization serving more than 34,000 diagnostic/interventional radiologists, radiation oncologists, nuclear medicine physicians, and medical physicists with programs focusing on the practice of medical imaging and radiation oncology and the delivery of comprehensive health care services. Women’s Imaging Center
The Women’s Imaging Center at Hardin Memorial Hospital performs digital mammography so visually superior to x-ray images that we’re able to detect the presence of cancer earlier. In addition to the life-saving advantages of improved imaging, we also offer a more comfortable exam with the use of soft pads. What’s more, breast MRI, ultrasound and biopsy procedures are also available at the same location if suggested by the physician. And for all services, every staff member, technologist and radiologist is committed to treating you with the gentleness, respect and sensitivity you deserve. Clearly, the difference digital mammography makes is easy to see—please schedule your exam today: (270) 706-5444.Services at the Women’s Imaging Center include:
- Bone Densitometry: Heel screenings and full exams to check for osteoporosis.
- Breast MRI: MRI of the breast is not a replacement for mammography or ultrasound imaging but rather a supplemental tool for detecting and staging breast cancer and other breast abnormalities.
- Breast Ultrasound: A painless diagnostic test using sound waves to visualize parts of the body.
- Digital Mammography: This low dose x-ray of the breast is a life saving procedure that can often detect breast cancer at its earliest stages when the cure rate is near 100 percent.
- Stereotactic Breast Biopsy: This advanced procedure allows a physician to perform a biopsy of a suspicious area without the need for surgery. And since local anesthesia is utilized, you’re usually home in about 2 hour.
The Women’s Imaging Center also features exclusive parking, a private entrance and waiting area and on-site registration (MAP PDF)
. For more information, please call (270) 706-1645.