HARDIN MEMORIAL HOSPITAL
Hardin Memorial Health is a collection of health facilities in Hardin, LaRue, Meade and Nelson counties committed to delivering dedicated patient care that is both personal and high-tech, in an environment where a patient’s needs are focused on to create a positive healing experience.
Hardin Memorial Hospital is a not-for-profit, 300-bed acute care hospital, which is county-owned and whose Board of Trustees consists of the members of Hardin County Fiscal Court. Hardin Memorial Hospital is managed by Baptist Ventures, Inc. and is accredited by The Joint Commission. At present Hardin Memorial Hospital has a medical staff of 200+ and 30+ specialties represented. Open-heart surgery, neurosurgery, radiation therapy and bariatric medicine are some of the services offered by Hardin Memorial Hospital.
The hospital serves a 10 county service area with a population of 350,000. The Emergency Department sees more than 50,000 patients per year. Outpatient services continue to grow with 35+ locations throughout the region.
Hardin Memorial Hospital is a regional health care center combining advanced technology with compassionate care. The hospital features:
Joint Commission Accreditated Hospital
- Ten (10) Surgical Suites
- Four (4) Endoscopy Suites
- One (1) Open Heart Room
- One (1) Urology Suite
- One (1) GI Lab (pH monitoring, swallow studies)
- Twenty (20) Critical Care Beds
- Thirty-Five (35) Step-Down (Transitional/Progressive) Care Beds
- Fifteen (15) Skilled Nursing Facility Beds
- Sleep Center
- Cardiac Cath Lab
- Level II Nursery
- Two (2) Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) Scanners
- Two (2) Computed Tomography (CT) Scanners – 64-Slice & 40-Slice
- Two (2) Linear Accelerators with Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT) & Image Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT)
- Positron Emission Tomography/Computed Tomography (PET/CT)
Hardin Memorial Hospital is accredited by The Joint Commission. The Joint Commission evaluates and accredits more than 16,000 health care organizations and programs in the United States. An independent, not-for-profit organization, Joint Commission is the nation's predominant standards-setting and accrediting body in health care. To learn more about the Joint Commission, click here
Accreditations & Certifications
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine (Sleep Center)
- American Association of Blood Banks
- American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation (Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehab)
- American College of Radiology (CT, Mammography, Stereotactic Biopsy, Breast Ultrasound, Breast ultrasound Core Biopsy, Breast MRI, Breast Imaging Center of Excellence)
- American College of Radiology ( MRI in Body, Head, MRA, Musculoskeletal, Spine)
- American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer (Cancer Care Center)
- Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Vascular Laboratories (Non-Invasive Vascular Lab)
- The Joint Commission (Hospital, Pathology & Clinical Laboratory Services)
- Primary Stroke Center Certification
The mission of Hardin Memorial Health is to exceed the needs of our patients, their families, our physicians, and our staff through the delivery of high-quality, comprehensive care to the people and communities we serve.
Hardin Memorial Health will be the provider of choice in the communities we serve through continual improvement of our care and services.
Hardin Memorial Health will live out its mission and achieve its vision
guided by: Integrity, Respect, Stewardship, Excellence, and