When you’re planning a pregnancy, one of the most important decisions to make is where to have the baby. BirthPlace at Hardin Memorial Hospital was specifically designed to meet the needs of mothers and their babies. Our modern facility features the state-of-the-art technology you need combined with a caring, compassionate staff, providing complete care: before, during and after birth. BirthPlace at Hardin Memorial Hospital…that special touch.
Healthy Pregnancy Information:
Preparing for Pregnancy
- Even before you become pregnant, your health matters to your future baby.
Your Changing Body
- The hormones of pregnancy bring on a number of changes, from nausea to fatigue. Your growing, developing baby, too, has a profound effect.
Your First Trimester
- You need to take care of yourself for a new reason. Your health can affect your baby's growth. Focus on your health for two reasons now, not one.
Your Second Trimester
- This often is called the "golden trimester." You're starting to show. And you're starting to glow. Use this time to have fun with your partner, your friends, and your family.
Your Third Trimester
- Visits with your health care provider will be biweekly, then weekly. Ask now about labor, childbirth, the warning signs of preterm labor, and when to call your provider.
Pregnancy Tests & Procedures
- Several tests and procedures are available to help monitor you and your developing baby.
Healthy Pregnancy Lifestyles
- Here is sound advice: Don't smoke. Don't drink alcohol or use illegal drugs. Eat a nutritious and balanced diet. See your doctor regularly throughout your pregnancy.
- Although the majority of pregnancies are uneventful, sometimes complications do occur. Bleeding, miscarriage, and preeclampsia are some of the common complications.
Labor, Birth, and Postpartum
- Probable signs of labor: your contractions are getting stronger; your contractions are regular (about every 5 minutes) and getting more painful; your water breaks.
- 6 LDRs (Labor Delivery and Recovery Suites) these spacious suites feature the latest in electronic fetal and maternal monitoring and state-of-the-art birthing beds.
- New Born Nursery
- Level II Nursery On-site
- Lactation Support Services- A full-time certified lactation consultant is on staff to assist in the breastfeeding experience.
For more information about BirthPlace, please call (270) 737-1212.