WEIGHT LOSS SURGERY PROGRAM
1107 Crowne Point Drive, Suite 102
Elizabethtown, KY 42701
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
According to the National Institute of Health (NIH), being more than 20 percent over your ideal body weight is a serious health risk. Obesity is a disease where excess body fat has accumulated to such an extent that a persons health may be negatively affected. Many studies show an association between excessive body weight and various diseases, particularly diabetes, hypertension, osteoarthritis, sleep apnea, gastric reflux and stress incontinence. As a result, obesity has been found to reduce life expectancy.Our Program
Our weight loss surgery, using the latest adjustable gastric band procedure, helps patients lose large amounts of excess body weight while gaining improved health. Conditions alleviated by weight control include diabetes, hypertension, osteoarthritis, sleep apnea, gastric reflux and stress incontinence. All of our weight loss procedures are performed right here in your community by board certified bariatric surgeons.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be morbidly obese defined as having a BMI greater than 40 or a BMI greater than 35 with other obesity related conditions such as diabetes, high blood pressure, sleep apnea, gastro-esophageal reflux disease (GERD), high cholesterol and urinary stress incontinence.
- Must have previous attempts at weight loss by use of dieting, exercise, physician prescribed medications and other modalities that have been unsuccessful in maintaining long term weight loss.
- Patient must exhibit a sincere desire to have gastric banding surgery and exhibit a thorough understanding of the risks, benefits, complications and side effects (both long and short-term), alternatives and expected outcomes associated with the surgery. He/She must also understand that the surgery is performed for medical and not cosmetic reasons.
- Patient can attend support group meetings and physical therapy/exercise sessions are available.
- Patient must agree to lifetime follow-up and dietary modification required by the surgery.
Free informational seminars provide detailed information about our program, the various weight-loss procedures and their results, and so much more. You will have a chance to ask questions and meet the bariatric surgeons and practice staff. In addition, actual weight loss surgery patients are often there to share their own success stories. Regaining your health can begin by simply giving us a call at 1-800-504-1575 or registering for a seminar today. Click here
to register on-line.