ADVANCED CARDIAC LIFE SUPPORT (ACLS)
to look up Available Dates and/or Register for ACLS COMPLETION Class.Click Here
to look up Available Dates and/or Register for ACLS RENEWAL Class.Course Description:
This course focuses on the American Heart Association standards of emergency care to be employed in managing cardiac arrest and post-arrest situations. Prerequisites: Current CPR provider with clinical experience and/or formal classroom training in rhythm recognition and cardiovascular pharmacology are highly recommended. Advance preparation is necessary.Objectives:
At the completion of this program, the participant will be able to review, practice and demonstrate:
- Understand core psychomotor and cognitive skills needed to manage the first ten minutes of a witnessed adult cardiac arrest.
- Demonstrate skills needed to perform the primary ABCD survey, i.e. early access, early CPR, non-invasive airway management, automated external defibrillators (AED) and conventional monitor/defibrillator.
- Demonstrate skills of the secondary ABCD survey, i.e. airway, breathing, circulation, arrhythmias [ventricular fibrillation (VF), pulseless ventricular tachycardia (VT), asystole and pulseless electrical activity (PEA)], pharmacology and algorithms (VF/pulseless VT, asystole and PEA).
- Demonstrate skills needed to manage the immediate post-resuscitation period, i.e. airway, breathing, circulation, arrhythmias (bradycardia, stable tachycardia, acute MI, shock/hypotension/acute pulmonary edema) and transcutaneous pacing.
- Demonstrate an understanding of core psychomotor and cognitive skills needed to manage the first ten minutes of a witnessed adult cardiac arrest. Demonstrate skills needed to manage the immediate post-resuscitation period and transcutaneous pacing.
Physicians, RNs, LPNs and Allied Health ProfessionalsContact Hours:
12.9 Contact Hours (Completion) or 3.6 Contact Hours (Renewal only)
11.0 CME (Completion) or 3.0 CME (Renewal only) FEE: (Make checks payable to: The Pegasus Group. Does not include text book.)
HMH Staff- (Fee may be waived for HMH employees)
Make check payable to The Pegasus Group and mail payment to: Education Department, Hardin Memorial Hospital, 913 N. Dixie Avenue, Elizabethtown, KY 42701 Payment must be received by the deadline in order to secure your reservation.