PEDIATRIC ADVANCED LIFE SUPPORT (PALS)
to look up Available Dates and/or Register for PALS COMPLETION Class.Click Here
to look up Available Dates and/or Register for PALS RENEWAL Class.Course Description:
This course focuses on the American Heart Associations standards and emergency care to be employed in the pediatric cardiopulmonary arrest victim. Lecture and skills lab will be utilized to promote effective learning.
- At the completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of proper use and placement of airway adjuncts.
- Recognize and identify static and dynamic rhythm strips of various arrhythmias.
- Demonstrate knowledge with correct procedural guidelines for electrical therapy in malignant arrhythmias.
- Describe effective pharmacological agents and protocols used in the treatment of cardiac arrest patients.
- Combine knowledge from all areas of the PALS course to demonstrate a simulated patient resuscitation.
RNs, LPNs, Physicians, Paramedics and Allied Health Professionals who are routinely involved in the management of pediatric cardiopulmonary arrest victim and who are authorized by state law to perform some or all PALS skills.Contact Hours:
16.5 Contact Hours/4.2 Contact Hours (Renewal)
13.8 CME/3.5 CME (Renewal)
(Make checks payable to The Pegasus Group. Does not include textbook.)
HMH Staff- (Fee may be waived for HMH employees)
Make checks payable to The Pegasus Group and mail to: Education Department, Hardin Memorial Hospital, 913 N. Dixie Avenue, Elizabethtown, KY 42701. Faculty: