CME & CE - EDUCATION FOR HEALTHCARE PROVIDERS
Continuing Medical Education (CME)Accreditation
Hardin Memorial Hospital is accredited by the Kentucky Medical Association
to provide Continuing Medical Education for physicians and licensed independent practitioners.Nursing and Allied Health Education
HMH is an approved provider of CE programs by the Kentucky Board of Nursing (KBN)
. KBN approval of an individual C.E. provider does not constitute endorsement of program content. To meet Kentucky Board of Nursing requirements participants must attend the entire session, participate in pre-and post-test(s) when applicable and evaluate the offering. Provider Number: 4-0018; Expiration date December 31, 2016.
Continuing Education Credits are also provided for various allied health professionals.Continuing Education Requirements
- Registered Nurses: 14 contact hours per one-year period.
- Licensed Practical Nurses: 14 contact hours per one-year period.
- Registered Dietitians: 75 contact hours per five-year period. - ADA 15 hours per year)
- Accredited Record Technician (ART): 20 contact hours per two-year period.
- Registered Record Administrators (RRA): 30 contact hours per two-year period.
- Registered Pharmacist: 15 contact hours per year.
- Radiology Technologist: Kentucky Radiation Operator Certification Program requires the following:
- General Certificate Holders - 18 KCE credits (15 direct, 3 indirect)
- Limited Certificate Holders - 12 KCE credits (9 direct, 3 indirect)
- KCE credits must be obtained during each two-year period that the certificate is valid.
- Respiratory Care Practitioner: 24 contact hours per two-year certification period.
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT): 24 contact hours are required every 2 years.
- Paramedics: 64 contact hours are required per year.
For more information about CME programs, CME policies or if you have a program suggestion, please contact the Education Department at (270) 706-1053.