Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Are you struggling with your weight loss?
Phone: (270) 769-5551
Fax: (270) 769-5241
As your body mass index rises, so does your risk for coronary heart disease, high blood pressure, high blood fat levels, diabetes, obstructive sleep apnea, metabolic syndrome, and even some cancers. Obesity and its related health conditions, is the 2nd leading cause of preventable death in the United States. We are here to help!
HMH Surgical Specialists Bariatric Program offers surgical weight loss options to be used in conjunction with nutrition and fitness to help break the cycle of obesity. Our comprehensive program offers three procedures; the Adjustable Gastric Banding, Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy and the Laparoscopic Gastric Bypass.
These procedures are performed right here in our community by a dedicated bariatric team of healthcare professionals lead by our board certified bariatric surgeon. Our bariatric team is committed to helping our patients in their weight loss journey, and though extensive evaluation, education and support and follow-up, can provide the assistance needed for success.
Attend a free Introductory to Bariatric Surgery Seminar, where you will be provided with detailed information about our program and surgical procedures available. The bariatric surgeon and team are available at each seminar to discuss all services and to answer questions to help you determine if weight loss surgery is for you. Call (270) 769-5551
to or click here
to register today.
A Slide show with the content of the seminar is available by watching the video below.
Weight Loss Surgery Criteria
• Must be 18 years of age or older.
• Must be morbidly obese defined as having a BMI greater than 40 or a BMI greater than 35 with other obesity related conditions such as diabetes, high blood pressure, sleep apnea, or degenerative joint disease.
• Must have previous attempts at weight loss by use of dieting, exercise, physician prescribed medications and other modalities that have been unsuccessful in maintaining long term weight loss.
• Patient must exhibit a sincere desire to have weight loss surgery and exhibit a thorough understanding of the risks, benefits, complications and side effects (both long and short-term), alternatives and expected outcomes associated with the surgery.
• Must also understand that the surgery is performed for medical and not cosmetic reasons.
• Patient can attend support group meetings monthly
• Patient must agree to lifetime follow-up and dietary modification required by the surgery.