FIGHT IT FORWARD
Recovered from COVID-19? Donate plasma locally to help others.
|Who can give:|
|If you were previously diagnosed with COVID-19 and have fully recovered, your plasma may contain antibodies which could help other critically ill COVID-19 patients. Because your immune system fought off COVID-19, you may have antibodies in you that could help others fight it off too.|
|Plasma containing the COVID-19 antibody could be designated as convalescent plasma and used to treat patients fighting COVID-19 at Baptist Health Hardin and other partner hospitals.|
|Baptist Health Hardin has partnered with the Kentucky Blood Center to offer a local plasma donation opportunity.|
|Criteria to donate:|
- Meet all routine blood donor criteria
- Proof of a positive test for COVID-19 or a positive antibody test
- Recovered from COVID-19, with NO symptoms for at least 21 days
- Special Note: If you were a recipient of convalescent plasma, it must have been over 90 days ago
|About the donation procedure:|
- Plasmapheresis procedures take about one hour including a medical history review.
|Interested in participating:|
- Click here if you are interested in being contacted about this program.