BirthPlace (Women and Children)
BirthPlace (Women and Children) at Hardin Memorial Hospital is specifically designed to meet the needs of mothers and their babies with a personal touch. BirthPlace offers the following services to patients and their families:
- Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU): HMH offers the only fully functioning Level II NICU in Central Kentucky, which means babies requiring immediate and specialized care will receive it close to home.
- 24/7 Neonatologists: HMH is affiliated with the University of Louisville Physicians Neonatology Group.
- Pregnancy Classes: HMH offers a variety of classes to prepare Central Kentucky families for the arrival of their newborn.
- Six Labor, Delivery and Recovery Suites (LDRS): The spacious suites feature the latest electronic fetal and maternal monitoring and state-of the-art birthing beds while providing a comfortable atmosphere for patients and their families.
- Newborn Nursery: The transition from the womb to the outside world is precious, and HMH is privileged to help newborns adapt to their new surroundings.
- Lactation Support Services: A full-time certified lactation consultant is on staff to assist in the breastfeeding experience.
- Birth Plan: Identify your birthing wishes, then share them with your doctor, midwife, spouse, and anyone else involved in labor and delivery.
- Prenatal Education: Prenatal classes for the entire family (parents, siblings, and grandparents) are available. Sign up ahead of your due date.
- BirthPlace Tour: Schedule a tour and become familiar with this special place.